Russ Fineman wrote:
This is my first time trying to install two versions of openSUSE. I have two seperate 320GB SATA drives. Also an unused 120GB ide drive. 4 GB memory, 3.4 MHZ P4 processor.

I presently have openSUSE 10.2 installed on sdb1,2,3. I'm wanting to install openSUSE 11.0 on sdc1,2, 3. When I get into the installer and setup the partitions it still wants to use the swap partition on sdb1. How can I have separate swap partitions for each version or can I?

If you're only going to run one version at at time (no
virtualization), there's NO NEED for seperate swap partitions.

Google showed a lot on partitions but nothing to help with the installer. A link to a how to would be great.

Simply make another partition, and designate it as swap.

But all you're doing is robbing each installation of swap space.

Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks