Nono, as I understand it <set /> takes the current object on top of the
value stack and puts it into the page context (pageContext.setAttribute()).

The ValueStack itself is always stored as a page context attribute :)

What I'm saying is you might want to take a variable OFF the stack, and then
set it?

<set value="user(bob)" id="bob" scope="application" />

-mike

On 13/11/02 10:19 AM, "Patrick Lightbody" ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) penned the
words: