Jason Carreira wrote:
Creating an extra interceptor to re-create J2EE declarative security
is at least some extra machinery compared to just using what is
there. I'm not saying that it's bad, in fact I kind of like the idea
of restricting which roles can run packages of actions, but I would
prefer to add that IN ADDITION to being able to pin packages to
certain URL paths to enable the use of J2EE declarative security and
make it optional.

It's sounding to me like we really need 2 configuration files here:

1) xwork.xml : the standard xwork configuration which applies to all
Dispatcher types. This would include package and action configuration
 2) xwork-web.xml : configures web specific configurations, such as
URL paths to pin packages, and view mappings
The problem with that is keeping them in sync. I'd prefer using one file with namespaces instead.

The reason I would say to put the view mappings in the xwork-web.xml
is because you might want to use the same set of actions for web and
Swing based apps, and you'd want to have different view mappings.
Interesting point. How many people would use it though? How realistic is that?

/Rickard

--
Rickard Öberg
[EMAIL PROTECTED]