Francois Beauregard wrote:
A few developers here have used freemarker a little while ago and loved it.
It seems to be a very good alternative to velocity.

Since it worked for WebWork and after some little discensions the community
seems be very well and alive, I would like to throw the suggestion the
freemarker joins OpenSymphony.

If the suggestion makes sense, an evaluation of the ptoential must be done
by both party. Also, goals and directions for the project should be
established first. I think this is the part that was missing when the
WebWork joined OpenSymphony.
Well, I remember some not so long ago the FreeMarker main developer went to the Velocity lists and ranted like crazy. It was a very disappointing read and he just wouldn't give up. I'm sure FreeMarker is ok technically, but I'd prefer to keep stuff like that out of here. So, no, I don't think FreeMarker should join OS.

IMHO.

/Rickard

--
Rickard Öberg