At 10:38 AM 9/28/2003, Jason Carreira wrote:
If we did this, the Action would execute() before the params are set from the <ww:param> tags.

This is true.  Maybe when using a <ww:action> tag, the execute() should not be called implicitly?  Correct me if I am wrong.  A *.jsp that is directly invoked is usually just displaying a page, not triggering a function.  Perhaps "execute()" should only be called when the url is an *.action?

It would be useful to have all the interceptors executed for a Action associated with a *.jsp.  It is not clear to me what values would be placed in an Action via the <ww:param> tag verus an interceptor or IoC, that would not merely be used to populate the directly invoked *.jsp page using <ww:property> and ui tags.  If data was needed from somewhere such as a database, it could be implemented as a lazy initialized object in a getter.  But so far (not having done much), I have been putting those types of functions in IoC(s) to be cached, or fetched in interceptors and then set into the Action objects.

Fred.