Mathias Sundman wrote:
One more thing to consider... Should we consider a system running this service manager an open system where all locally logged on users is allowed to fully manage openvpn connections, which includes:

* Start/Stop openvpn processes

As a first step, I think we should allow all users to access this service. Later on, one may consider some authorisation mechanism to access specific configurations. This could be some additional parameter in a config file or some meta config file for the wrapping service.

* Create new openvpn configs
* delete openvpn configs

(Hereby not said that creating/deleting configs should be done via the service manager. I just want to discuss whether a normal user should be able to do this or not)

As just said in my reply to an earlier mail, I don't think that modifying the configurations shall become part of the gui. This would be feature overloading, especially on a unix system where you typically configure using a text editor.

Jan