Am Samstag, den 30.04.2005, 01:42 -0600 schrieb James Yonan:
> Right now, you can only get it by reading the --status file.  For 2.1 I'm
> considering to add another script/callback for passing current accounting
> data.
>
> One of the goals of the plugin interface is to allow a fully-featured
> Radius plugin to be developed, as you are doing, so I would be happy to
> work with you on extending the plugin interface for 2.1 if you find that
> the current plugin API is insufficient.
>
> > Another question about the IP address and OPENVPN_PLUGIN_CLIENT_CONNECT.
> > Is there a possibility to give the IP address direct to the OpenVPN process
> > or
> > must I create the configuration files when a client connects?
>
> No, you have to write configuration file directives (containing the
> appropriate ifconfig-push directive) to the temporary file provided by the
> caller.  This is so that we can maintain an identical interface for both
> script and plugin calls.

Hi James,
as I'm also working on Radius integration via a plugin, I wondered if
there is the possibility to provide options for the scripts/plugins in
the openvpn config.

For example, the openvpn config file could look like:
dev tun
pull
option key1 value1
option key2 value2

OpenVPN should then provide the scripts and plugins with the extra
environment variables key1 and key2 with values value1 and value2.

This could be useful to specify script and plugin specific values like
radius server ip. This would allow the plugins to be more generic as the
values aren't hard coded and much simpler, as there wouldn't be the need
for an separate config parsing mechanism.

greetings
leh