Hello,

I finished a C++class for the radius protocol. So I can send, receive and
analyze authentication and accounting radius packets.

Now I will start to create the openvpn-plugin.

I have there still some quesitions:

When are called the funktions:
        openvpn-plugin_open_v1
        openvpn-plugin_func_v1
        openvpn-plugin_close_v1

Is this right?
 - openvpn-plugin_open_v1: At the start of openvpn.
 - openvpn-plugin_func_v1: When the event happens.
 - openvpn-plugin_close_v1: When openvpn is closed.

To communicate between the functions I can create
a user-defined struct, which can be shared between the functions
over the openvpn_plugin_handle_t. Is that also right?

I want divide the hole plugin in two parts:

1. Authorisation and Authentification
This will work like the auth-pam-plugin (split privilege execution model)
only with radius support. The plugin-process holds root rights, so
routes from the radius server can be set.

I want to send following attribute:
Username
Password
NAS-Port = number of the tun interface
NAS-IP-Address = ip address of the openvpn server
NAS-Identifier = user defined string

I want to analyze following attributes of the radius response:
Framed-Route = set to the server routing table and
                write to the client file in client-config-dir
                with the iroute directive
Framed-IP-Address = write to the client file in the client-config-dir
                        with the (ifconfig Framed-IP IP2) directive,
                        the other point (IP2)
                        must be create maybe by (IP2+1).
Acct-Interim-Interval = the accounting interval

(Maybe later a vendor specific attributs for routes which can be pushed to
the client=

The Framed-Route and the Framed-IP-Address will be written to a file
with the name of the enviroment variable envp[common-name].
At the end of a connection the routes should be deleted.

If a client disconnect, the iroutes in the OpenVpn-process are deleted
automatically?

2. Accounting
Here I'm not sure, want is the best way to do it, maybe somebody have
some ideas.
One idea is to create for every openvpn-client who
connects to the openvpn-server a own process with fork().
So every process gets his own Acct-Interim-Interval and can send
the accounting data to the radius server. The data is read from
the status file. This file must be accessible by the user (nobody)
of the openvpn process.
If there are a lot of users, there are a lot of processes and every
process reads the status file.

The other idea is to create only one process which handles all
accounting, this process will work like the auth-pam-plugin (split privilege
execution model). This process must schedule the differnt
Acct-Interim-Intervals of the clients. The data is read from
the status file.

Accounting Attributes:
Acct-Status-Type:
        start - at the beginning of the connection
        update - during the connection
        stop - at the end
NAS-Session-ID: unique for a connection
NAS-Identidier: user-defined value
Acct-Input-Octets: read from the status file
Acct-Output-Octets: read from the status file
Acct-Session-Time: intenal counter or read from the status file

The accounting stop ticket can only be send by the disconnect plugin.
Can I share informations between plugins? So the disconnect plugin can
send a disconnect signal to the accounting process, maybe over a socket?
So the accounting for this users stopps and the ticket is generated.

Maybe someone has additional ideas.

Greetings
Ralf

support