I'll send a package to you later tonight or possibly tomorrow depending on
how other things I'm doing work out.

Good that you have a WM5 device since I don't have one of those to test
with.  Wish I had a smartphone too.  I'd using PPC2003 and SE.

Regarding targeting WM5, I seem to recall that they changed the whole
ActiveSync protocol in WM5 and I wonder if that might be the source of your
troubles.  You definitely should be able to build a PPC2003-targeted app and
have it run on WM5, but I don't know if you'll still run into troubles
connecting to the WM5 device for debugging purposes.  DevStudio 2005 is
supposed to be able to target WM5 specifically, but it is not even slightly
free, alas.

Brief status update:

*  I unit tested all the 'portability' functions I had to implement to get
user-mode to build, so that's out of the way.  I discovered yesterday,
though, that there will be some significant work to do in two places:  the
tun.c which is the interface to the driver, which I expected, but also all
of the stuff in socket.c will have to be visited as well.  I didn't expect
that, but all the socket IO is using overlapped IO also, which we don't have
in CE.  I'm hoping that we can deal with this by making an implementation
that is more patterned after the unix socket io, which of course definitely
is not 'overlapped' and then just accomodate the few BSD-WSA discrepancies.

Since I have been hacking on the code a bit to get it to compile, I am going
to send you:

*  the libs and headers for the openssl and lzo like we talked about
*  a zip of my source tree with modifications I have made thus far
*  a brief description of non-obvious configuration; e.g. I have my 3rd
party libs in a location relative to my projects that gets picked up via
settings in the eVC project

I have marked all the spots I have hacked-on with the comment //HHH for ease
of searching.  You're free of course also to use diff.

Talk to you later; you're help will be greatly appreciated!

-Dave