Hi Alon,

It's great to see a lot of work on the build system. Working with the old
system was often a pain, I hope the new system gives some more control and
especially flexibility to packagers. Still, I have a few comments/questions.

As lzo support can be seen as one of the "basic features" of OpenVPN, disabling
it by default might not be the best approach.

That beggars the questions:

 - Which other libraries/features are disabled by default in the new build
system?

 - Could you please specify any other behavioural changes in the default
OpenVPN build system? Things like the --with-xxx-headers options disappearing?

It would be nice to have some documentation for packagers as to what has
changed where, and why. Further, as not everyone knows the "correct" autotools
way of doing things, a little extra information goes a long way in educating us
developers. Merely saying "because it was wrong" is not going to cut it in any
community.

Perhaps a split into refactoring and functional patches would help there too.

Thanks!

Adriaan