Hello,

> How will you handle that some users use OpenVPN from Windows, Linux and
> maybe even a mobile phone (like N900)? ... where paths are different,
> depending on OS and/or distribution.  And some paths on Linux (probably
> *BSD too?) are different if it is a 32bit architecture or 64bit.

Do have an example for an script? I've no idea what's the exact purpose is,
I've never used scripts in openvpn.

> I doubt it will be highly appreciated that sys-admins need to maintain
> separate script profiles on the server side, for each OS/platform connecting.

Who writes the script? The sysadmin.

> And you would also need to go even further, to also make --plugin only
> pushable too.  Which makes the /usr/lib vs /usr/lib64 scenario a real
> pain for sure.

Why do u want to secure openvpn if there is an option for a user to
inject plugins?
The plugin code do anything.

Are plugins used only on server side or on clientside, too?

greetings
Carsten