On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Athanasios Douitsis <aduit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed, now working for me too with those values. Thanks!
>
> Maybe add that command to the README file?

I already did after you asked the question... :)

> Also, the gentoo-derived script should be yielding these values
> automatically, right?

Not correct... the gentoo script is for openssl configuration only
which does not use support standard cross compile triple.

> Because when I issue a
> plain ./build I suspect that it does not.

plain ./build is for native build, it works... try this on any other
platform other than cygwin or windows.
What probably confuses you is that building under cygwin windows
native binaries is actually doing cross compile, there is no
difference between this and building windows native binaries under
Linux.
So ./build will never work under cygwin as openvpn does not support
cygwin environment.

> So the build breaks very early in
> the process (in the openssl configuring phase if memory serves). Invoking
> the gentoo script directly prints nothing too.

I hope the reason is clear now.

> Additionally, you may want to add an option to wget to accept certificates
> that it doesn't know. I understand this may be bad security-wise, but out of
> the box it cannot download packages from github https. Apart from that, wget
> works just as well.

You can do this, just set WGET_OPTS=--no-check-certificate environment
before executing the script.

Alon.