Hi,

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:01:33AM +0100, David Sommerseth wrote:
> On a related note: --enable-iproute2
>
> Should we also expect this to be available on all *nix platforms?
> iproute2 has been available on most platforms I know of for a very long
> time, and is superior net-tools in very many ways.

<nitpick>
s/*nix/Linux/, and even there, it's not always installed by default.
</nitpick>

I would agree that openvpn should use iproute2 by default on Linux,
and the option should be renamed to --disable-iproute2 to get back
to the old-style ifconfig/route style behaviour.

Currently, iproute2-or-not is a linux thing, so this would not have an
effect on any *BSD (no iproute2) or Solaris (I'm not sure right now
whether OpenSolaris has it, can't check).   Solaris buildbot is on my
roadmap... so I can look into this as soon as The Big Merge is done.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de