Hmmm... the fact that you are not using git, and create separate
branch for the changes makes it very difficult to peak.

I see a mix of changes and a separate build system which I am not sure
is needed. You build openvpn as a shared library, it is OK, I had this
on my list, but why not use the current build to do so?

I suggest you clone the repository at github, create a branch and
order your changes.

Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.