On 01/01/17 18:15, Selva Nair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 10:49 AM, debbie10t <debbie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I applied this to 2.5 and used the build system to build windows
>> installer using windows-nsis/build-snapshot
>>
>> I tested the windows client against Linux 2.4
>>
>> The test was:
>>
>> Connect to first server, receive DHCP 10.*8*.0.6 (net30)
>> Idle 10 mins / Transfer some data / disconnect
>>
>> Edit the config file to connect to a new server
>> (This was an exact copy of first server on a new --port
>> and with a new --server subnet / PKI identical)
>>
>> Connect to second server, receive DHCP 10.*9*.0.6 (net30)
>> Idle 10 mins / Transfer some data / disconnect
>>
>> No problems encountered.
>>

>> Note: I *was* able to replicate the original bug using
>> windows 10 / openvpn 2.4.0 and the same procedure as above.
>>

> I am curious about this as I could not reproduce "the bug" with only one
> adapter except in a special case (see below)  -- the issue I described in
> Trac #807 was related to assigning a VPN ip to one adapter, disconnect and
> then try to assign the same to another adapter.

You are correct.

What I have in my tests is as follows:

Server Linux - Openvpn 2.4.0
Client Win10 - Openvpn 2.4.0

Server & client configs are essentially the default config files.

(Both clients are on the same W10 machine)
client-1.conf
tap #1
client ip 10.8.0.6/30

client-2.conf
tap #2
client ip 10.9.0.6/30

Connect both clients and get IP assigned to tap, ping tests OK.
Disconnect both clients, do *not* use --dhcp-release/renew

Change client-1.conf to connect to the port of server-2
Connect to server-2, receive+assign DHCP 10.9.0.6 to TAP #1
This is where something goes wrong ..

#665 is related to 2.3.10/12/13 and while it maybe the same issue I
have not run any tests regarding #665

Regards