Hi,

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 09:45:07PM -0500, selva.n...@gmail.com wrote:
> From: Selva Nair <selva.n...@gmail.com>
>
> Also make sure --dhcp-pre-release results in not just dhcp_release()
> in open_tun() but a subsequent dhcp_renew() as well. Else dhcp transaction
> gets aborted as this call to release() happens after the adapter status
> is changed to connected.
>
> Alternatively, the undocumented --dhcp-pre-release may be removed.
>
> Fixes Trac #807 (but can't say the same for Trac #665 without knowing
> how to reproduce it)

After thinking about this for a while, I agree we should do this, so
ACK (even if Debbie10t already has ACKed it).

I'd ask for a few changes, though :-) - if I'm reading this correctly,
tt->options.dhcp_release is now unused, so I think we should do it
all the way - get rid of that flag variable, print a message
("obsolete option detected, already on" or so) if --dhcp-release
is configured, and update the man page ("this option is a no-op now,
as the functionality is enabled by default starting in 2.4.1").

I'll take care of Changes.rst as these will differ 2.4 <-> master and
make cherrypicking a patch more annoying than necessary.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de