Hi,

On 07/09/17 00:52, David Sommerseth wrote:
Systemd supervises services it has started and can act upon unexpected
scenarios.  This change will restart OpenVPN after 5 seconds if the OpenVPN
process exits unexpectedly.

Define "unexpectedly"
(my2c: something needs to be fixed)

The on-failure mode is the recommended mode by upstream systemd.

IE:
This is the way "upstream systemd" recommend to use systemd
*if*  "some failed process"  is to be restarted.

(my2c: A decision better left to the sys-admin not openvpn developer)

This change have been tested on a test server for some month, and it
works indeed as intended when provoking the OpenVPN process to stop.

Define "provoking"
(my2c: not unexpectedly at all, nothing to fix here)

Either way,
it is only a few lines of a systemd unit.service file
to be deleted/customised by the relevant sys-admin.

Regards,