Meeting summary for 26 June 2024:

 * *New: release openvpn 2.6.12*
   /The security issue addressed in 2.6.11 has the known issue that it
   breaks certain setups with backend scripts that produce custom
   auth_failed messages./
   /This will be addressed in the upcoming 2.6.12 release./
   /An improvement in the area of the LZO library is also in the works./

 * *Updated: release openvpn 2.6.11*
   /This release was done last week on June 20th./
   /We have a fix for a reported issue with localized versions of
   Windows and a custom installation path of OpenVPN GUI. Looks like we
   can update to I002 for the Windows installer./
   /This will likely go out today./
   /The tunnelcrack mitigations for Windows are held back because we
   have had absolutely no response on the mailing lists for testing
   these and confirming that it doesn't break things./
   /If someone can contribute to testing this we can follow up with a
   2.6.12 release in a few weeks that contains the tunnelcrack
   mitigations for Windows. Otherwise it goes to 2.7./

 * *Updated: DCO and Linux upstreaming, API change*/
   /Upstreaming DCO to Linux is proceeding, it is in review stage at
   the moment./
   /ordex has sent in*patchset version 4*./
   /There will be an API change that makes it incompatible with the
   current implementation./
   /A graceful solution to that was already discussed and in motion.
   giaan will be working on this./
   /(in a nutshell, make OpenVPN understand old and new API, DKMS and
   kernel versions both will then use new API, then we drop old API)//

 * *Updated: Tunnelcrack progressTunnelCrack community wiki article
   <https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/TunnelCrack>*
   /Status update onTunnelCrack
   <https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/TunnelCrack>mitigations:/
   /The tunnelcrack mitigation for Windows has gone in master, which
   will go to 2.7 release. There is the possibility for it to go to
   2.6.x if we can find testers for this./
   /Windows, openvpn2: merged to master, not to 2.6.x. openvpn3: in
   code review./
   /Linux, openvpn2: in progress. openvpn3: in progress./
   /macOS: to be determined./
   /iOS: to be determined./
   /Android: not vulnerable./

 * *Updated: OpenVPN community meetup 2024*
   /Wiki coordination
   page:​https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/CommunityMeetup2024
   <https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/CommunityMeetup2024>/
   /Where: Karlsruhe, Germany. Meeting room found, need to find out how
   many participants roughly./
   /When: Set to 20-22 September 2024./
   /Shirts: novaflash spoke to matt - he will get us some design in
   august./
   /We need to know how many participants will show. To that end it
   makes sense if we put together an invite mail and send it out./
   /novaflash put together a suggested
   mail;​https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/edit/UEzTg-cbReVteh9zR9CQD-Tt/
   <https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/edit/UEzTg-cbReVteh9zR9CQD-Tt/>/
   /This will be sent out as an official invite to openvpn-devel and to
   some special guests./

As always you're welcome to join at #openvpn-meeting on Libera IRC network every Wednesday at 14:00 Central European Time.

Kind regards,
Johan Draaisma