Meeting summary for 3 July 2024:

 * *Updated, closed: release openvpn 2.6.11*
   /The original release was done on June 20th. A Windows installer
   update was done last week to solve an issue with localization and
   custom installation path (I002)./

 * *Updated: forums topics*
   /novaflash finally has time to look into this topic. But has no
   access. Who can get novaflash access?/
   /looks like mattock, djpig or uddr35 - will poke uddr35 about this./

 * *Updated: buildbot PRs need attention*
   /2 out of 3 PRs got merged, 3rd one is still up/
   ​Add smoketest builds for openvpn3, openvpn3-linux and ovpn-dco
   <https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn-buildbot/pull/51>

 * *Updated: DCO and Linux upstreaming, API change*/
   /Upstreaming DCO to Linux is proceeding, it is in review stage at
   the moment./
   /ordex has sent in*patchset version 5*./
   /There will be an API change that makes it incompatible with the
   current implementation./
   /A graceful solution to that was already discussed and in motion.
   giaan will be working on this./
   /(in a nutshell, make OpenVPN understand old and new API, DKMS and
   kernel versions both will then use new API, then we drop old API)//

 * *Updated: OpenVPN community meetup 2024*
   /Invitation was sent, waiting to gather responses./
   /Perhaps we can do a guesstimate on number of people expected./
   /Wiki coordination
   page:​https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/CommunityMeetup2024
   <https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/CommunityMeetup2024>/
   /Where: Karlsruhe, Germany. Meeting room found, need to find out how
   many participants roughly./
   /When: Set to 20-22 September 2024./
   /Shirts: novaflash spoke to matt - he will get us some design in
   august./

 * *Updated: community.openvpn.net trac wiki*
   /We keep running into stupid limitations and bad suckiness with wiki
   solutions./
   /So we're going back to requirements and lining up
   candidates:​https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/NewWiki
   <https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/NewWiki>/

As always you're welcome to join at #openvpn-meeting on Libera IRC network every Wednesday at 14:00 Central European Time.

Kind regards,
Johan Draaisma