Hi,

On Thu, Jun 08, 2017 at 05:07:58PM +0200, Jan Just Keijser wrote:
> well, the static keys need to be checked, but what I've found is that
> both ends wait for 10 seconds before printing out 'Initialization complete"

As it turns out, this is actually OCC...

> - I did not test whether you can send packets over the link sooner than that.

You can :-) - I use that in one of my t_client setups.  It will print
"Initialization complete!" the very moment the first packet comes *in*.

(Which actually broke t_client.sh in recent versions, as we now wait
for that line to show up before sending pings - so openvpn waits for a
packet, and packets are delayed waiting for openvpn... - fixed that with
an --up script which forks to the background and then sends 3 pings...)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de