Hi,

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 07:29:52PM +0200, Dajka Tamás wrote:
> If interested, I can send the script over ( PAM is used for user
> auth against an MS AD, and Radius is used for SecurID, since that
> handle???s challenge-response auths, so we can wait for the user???s
> answer to dynamic questions without blocking the whole auth flow).

I'm certainly interested.

> So, if you want to do a bit more complex stuff, than the management
> interface will be your friend (a perl/python/php/whatever daemon
> will be needed to connect to the mgmt interface and handle the
> requests from the openvpn server).
>
> For simple tasks a static-challenge + PAM auth can be more than enough.

I've come to like the auth-PAM plugin (after I fought it for a while,
and won :-) ).  It does async nowadays, and if it does what you need,
it's easier to use than setting up "things talking to management".

I haven't looked into dynamic challenges yet, but it seems I should...
Selva: am I reading the source correctly, a plugin can not create a dynamic
challenge?

gert