Hi,

On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 06:33:52AM +0000, Jason Long wrote:
> Why without the local statement my OpenVPN worked?

As I explained weeks ago, the combination of "port" + "local IP" needs
to be unique.  So if you have only one OpenVPN process listening on
one port, you do not need to force the IP address to make the (port,IP)
tupel unique.

On a machine with multiple IP addresse and *no* --local binding, you will
need to use --multihome on UDP servers (otherwise OpenVPN might reply
with a wrong source IP).

> When I see the error 10054, then this is related to the wrong firewall
> settings or wrong port forwarding.

I have no idea what an "error 10054" is.  If it's part of an OpenVPN
error message, do post the full line +5 lines of context.

gert