On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 6:25 PM, Bruno Tréguier via Openvpn-users
<openvpn-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:   Hello,

Le 14/08/2023 à 15:59, Jason Long via Openvpn-users a écrit :
> Hi,
> Thank you so much.
> But I am sure that in a real environment such a scenario can also exist.
> Consider an internal network where users connect to an internal OpenVPN
> server and this server has several NICs with different IP addresses that are
> connected to the Internet. Now you want to connect a group of users to a
> specific NIC. For example, users with an IP address in the range of
> 192.168.1.0-254 should connect to a NIC with an IP address of 10.0.0.10, and
> the rest of the clients with other ranges should be connected to other NICs.
> What are you doing?

Route and/or NAT things correctly...

Even before considering OpenVPN or any other VPN mechanism, make sure
everything is correctly routed. Each client machine should be able to
ping (if you allow ICMP echo/reply) the VPN server they should be
connecting to. If necessary and if possible, allow it temporarily to
make sure the routes are correctly set up.

What I mean is that, as I understand things, and as tincantech just told
you, your issue is *not* OpenVPN-related. It's a basic network problem.
Make sure everything is ok network-wise before trying to use
applications, especially ones which are sometimes tricky to set up.

>Regards, Bruno
Hi Bruno,Thank you so much for your reply.Both (Server and Client) can ping
each other and without the local statement my client can connect to the OpenVPN
server.My client connecting to the server via an internal network:Server:
192.168.1.20Client: 192.168.1.21