Hi Alessia and welcome,

glad to have a new contributor on-board!

I suggest you to start with the following steps:

   - start and fork the repo on github (noticed you forked but did not star)
   - perform a development install following the docs
   - build the docs offline
   - if you find anything that can be improved in the docs, please do so
   and send a pull request
   - remember it's better to send 1 pull request (creating one branch for
   each) for each group of change (eg: 1 PR for improving docs, 1 PR for
   fixing a bug, and so on)
   - one easy issue you can start working on is the following:
   https://github.com/openwisp/django-freeradius/issues/43
   - I also suggest you to join us at https://gitter.im/openwisp/general

That would be a good start :-)

Federico