Hi Bino and welcome,

we use the rml-rest module of freeradius to authorize users via a REST API
<https://github.com/openwisp/django-freeradius/blob/master/django_freeradius/api/views.py>,
although it is still possible to use radius checks as well as described
here:
https://django-freeradius.readthedocs.io/en/latest/general/freeradius.html#using-radius-checks-for-authorization-information

If you need to see the freeradius configuration required to make this work,
it's also shown in the same page I just linked.

Cheers
Federico