On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 10:49:35 PM UTC+5:30, Oscar STV wrote:

> If I try:
> root@MyServer:~/dockerize-openwisp# docker-compose build .

The command is: `docker-compose build` notice the trailing `.`(dot)
When using docker-compose you don't need to mention the build directory.
No arguements must be passed to the `docker-compose build`, it's all
defined
in the docker-compose file.

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 10:41:37 PM UTC+5:30, 2stacks wrote:

> I can confirm the same.  First time I tried to build from inside the
> directory with the docker file with docker build -t.  I got the exact same
> error as Oscar.  Building with docker-compose from the root directory is
> what worked for me.

The `docker build .` is only allowed to read files from within the current
directory.
While these images are copying files from different directories. It *might*
work if we
provide correct parent target directory** as the build target directory but
I've not tried to
do that! :-)

**Parent target directory should be root directory of the repository.

Ajay