Hi List,

as in the past I will ask again opinions regarding the optional
support for external cross-toolchain.

Reading the dev.openwrt.org I see:

"OpenWrt is currently being used in industrial control systems, small
robots, sensor networks, home control solutions, VoIP systems, both
wired and wireless networks and a whole lot more."

I'm working on network devices and usually I receive from my vendors
the BSP and toolchain that is considered "official" and "safe" for the
BSP. My suppliers usually don't accent to support BSP (and anwser to
my questions) if I don't use the provided toolchain.

>From these considerations, My opinion is that external target-specific
toolchian should be supported by OpenWRT avoiding to compile everytime
the toolchain.

In past Nico sent a set of patch for support this feature but I think
that are not included yet in the mainline.

Nico, can you provide me your last patches? and explain if them will
be included or not?

thanks in advance and best regards,

luigi

--