Yeah, but after the first 3 months either you already got copied or the competition already caught up, so I can see maybe not releasing them immediately but a year or two after the product is no longer fresh they should still release this stuff freely. Even if they keep the physical pinout and etc secret, at least give up the register/software docs.

jason duhamell wrote:
to protect their customers competition I guess. but its easier to steal then to invent and releasing datasheets could only help their sales, not damage it. its just 1980's anti business thinking.