* Daniel Golle <daniel.go...@gmail.com> [10.03.2013 16:24]:
> However, the law over here says that it should not be up to the user to
> decide that.

i understand your thoughts, but linux/openwrt is not responsible for
fight with the law. otherwise we must e.g. built it without SSL for
several countries. the user is smart enough for that. if he is not,
it's not our fault.

the big question is: how deep you want to restrict the user
for protect for himself? imho, it there should be no restriction at
all, but ofcourse there are more conservative people out there 8-)

also: in germany i'am allowed to power with 40.000 mW under
some circumstances, but my regdomain knows it better?!

it's the same like having an english DVD with a regdomain code, which
a friend gave me as a gift, but my german player cannot deal
with it, because it's forbidden?!

long story short: in the UI the user must select
the right country. if he dont want that, he knows why...
(unsure, if this enforces the correct regdomain?)

bye, bastian