* Daniel Dickinson <dan...@powercloudsystems.com> [11.03.2013 09:27]:
> > you posted some screenshots of the original tplink-firmware for
> > Israel: they made nearly everything wrong for the user.
>
> I'm afraid you've confused me with someone else.   I posted no such
> thing.  Also I looked at the forum link Daniel Golle mentions in his
> followup to this message, and it is talking about exactly breaking
> (Israeli) law in Israel (the whole reason they don't want to use the
> default firmware is that they want to use channels that (they at least
> seem to believe) are 'not allowed by the government here [Israel]').
> I.e. they want to break the law.

sorry, for mixing things up. i understud Daniel Golle, that they
cannot use all allowed 5 GHz channels - they dont want to break the law.

Lets sum things up:
most dev's dont want to support breaking the law, so better
keep the limits lower (maybe even lower than allowed).

we all know, than the existing solution to enforce the law via
EEPROM-country is not elegant or even wrong, but it needs time to adapt a better
solution. if somebody needs more freqs/power than the EEPROM allows,
one needs to recompile (adapt the regdb-definitions or set CONFIG_ATH_USER_REGD)

so, thanks for discussing this and share your options, now
back to work 8-) : what is the best way to enforce ISRAEL in this
specific router?

bye, bastian.