Le jeudi 26 septembre 2013 22:38:57 Paul Fertser a écrit :
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 08:12:13PM +0200, Gabor Juhos wrote:
> > On the DIR-600-Ex, the 'mac' partition contains the board specific MAC
> > addresses at least, and it seems that there are other data as well. I
> > guess that the original firmware uses this data to reinialize the nvram
> > variables during factory reset. If that partition is erased, and someone
> > wants to use the original software again, it will not be able to do a
> > factory reset.
> Thank you for the explanation.
>
> > If you are rebuilding a kernel after a kernel configuration change, it
> > will use the modified configuration. However if the generic/platform
> > specific kernel patches are modified, or some patches has been
> > added/deleted those will not be used without a target/linux/clean.
>
> This one is sort of nasty, I'm not one of those who gets upset when he
> needs to attach a serial console, but it would still be nice to avoid,
> as the majority of users is apparently not always ready for
> that. Should I file a bug report?

Rebuilding the kernel each time a patch changes would really harm the kernel
development workflow with OpenWrt, so I would rather stick with this even
though this may be confusing. Rebuilding each and every single time a patch is
touched could really make you waste WIP work in build_dir/target*
--
Florian