I am working on improved support for the Skyline SL-R7205 Wireless 3G
Router (hence my previously submitted patches)but have struck a dead end on
a particular issue. I found that during boot the device acts like dumb
switch, allowing traffic to pass through for a short time. I attached
serial cable and I have looked at the dhcp traffic using tcpdump in
relation to the boot process, and found that right at the beginning of the
UBoot managed boot process my PC send DHCP request, which pass through the
Skylink router and are responded to by my ADSL modem. This occurs while
UBOOT is in control of the boot process, way before even the kernel has
been unpacked and OpenWrt begins to boot.

The version used of UBoot is '1.1.3 (Apr 29 2009 - 12:08:28)', which is
almost 5 years old. Strangely the boot process then states a few lines down
that it is 'Ralink UBoot Version: 3.3'. I am not clear what that means in
relation to the UBoot version number.

Does anyone know whether the traffic leakage during early boot process
before firmware booting a common know issue of UBoot ON RALINK/MIPS that
has since been addressed?
In any case, I would like to replace the bootloader with a more current
version, but do not know what version I should use nor how that is done.
Yes, I have googled for some hints, but have not found a meaningful how-to
that would apply to Ralink.

Does anyone have any pointers or advice?