Hi,
> So what uboot bootloader version am I supposed to use for rt350x? Is the
> standard Uboot Version for MIPS going to work? And which one? John seemed to
> be aware of the bug but which UBoot version is the bug actually fixed in?
it is not a uboot bug but a bug caused by ralinks hackish esw driver not
setting up the vlans properly.

this has existed in every sdk uboot they ever released. fixing it
involves getting the source of the uboot on your device and then
recompiling from scratch with a newly made fix for the issue.

it is most likely a matter of a few hours. however i would rather walk
through hell and back than explain people how to reflash their
bootloader. people would only start to try and find random bootloader
blobs and flash them on random boards (that is what you are trying to
do) and will brick their boards on the way and then come asking us how
to fix it. openwrt has no plans to get involved in building and
redistributing ralink uboot trees/blobs because of those reasons

    John