Citeren Felix Fietkau <n...@openwrt.org>:

On 2016-01-22 22:29, edgar.sol...@web.de wrote:
On 2016-01-22 16:03, edgar.sol...@web.de wrote:
On 22.01.2016 14:32, Weedy wrote:
Question: The busybox binary (for me) goes from 366,401 bytes to 300,327
with the removal of wget from it.  Therefore, the uclient-fetch binary
swapout causes a 46,379 byte increase in size. I assume the desire to move to uclient-fetch from busybox is for the SSL support? If so, it still does
not support SSL without also building ustream-ssl.

yeah. an ssl capable wget (whatever it's called) out of the box would be greatly appreciated.

@Felix: is that on the table?
It's already done. With uclient-fetch, you can simply install any
ustream-ssl variant (along with ca-certificates if you want to have
proper validation), and it'll immediately be SSL capable. That was my
main motivation behind replacing wget with ustream-ssl.

The aforementioned size increase is probably either a bug or a
measurement error (see my other mail regarding that subject).

nice! is there a possibility to create a wget wrapper? i assume not
everyone is familiar with uclient-fetch, so at least a stub noting to
use uclient-fetch might probably help when users are confused that wget
isn't there.
You keep asking for things that are already there :)

The uclient-fetch package provides a symlink to wget and it is fully
command line compatible as well. Users don't have to change their habits
and scripts that don't hardcode the path will continue to work as well.

Not entirely. It (r48456) segfaults on receiving a 301 redirect for http->https:

# /bin/uclient-fetch -O- 'http://de-korte.org/robots.txt'
Downloading 'http://de-korte.org/robots.txt'
Connecting to 2001:470:7ad2::10:80
Segmentation fault

It also behaves differently with the http://dyn.dns.he.net servers (returning a Connection failure, despite also returning a result). See below:

# /bin/uclient-fetch -O- 'https://dyn.dns.he.net/nic/update?hostname=example.com&password=munged&myip=1.2.3.4' Downloading 'https://dyn.dns.he.net/nic/update?hostname=example.com&password=munged&myip=1.2.3.4'
Connecting to 2001:470:0:193::3000:443
Writing to stdout
nochg 1.2.3.4Connection error: Connection failed

I'm not too concerned about the first, but the latter is a bit inconvenient. I suspect the HE servers close the connection immediately after sending the result and that this is not expected. For example, the following works as expected:

# /bin/uclient-fetch -O- 'https://de-korte.org/robots.txt'
Downloading 'https://de-korte.org/robots.txt'
Connecting to 2001:470:7ad2::10:443
Writing to stdout