On 12/21/2016 6:01 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
So maybe it's a good idea to use the (still hypothetical, but hopefully
close) merge to advertise a rename which will both aim to carry-over the
brand recognition at the same time as it sends the message that it's
something "new and better" (i.e. keep the good brand recognition and
try to shed the bad one).

Much +1 here.

Keep in mind, who is the audience of the branding? Us
(developers/contributors?) or
consumers (that aren't developers or early adopters)? I assert the real audience
is consumers of products that incorporate "the thing".

How do we communicate the unity of developers/contributors to a production
distro without losing the value of the "mother project"?

From a very high level, this is another Linux distro evolution. How do we
communicate that?

Cheers,
Dana