On 6/20/21 4:30 PM, Sven Roederer wrote:
Am Samstag, 19. Juni 2021, 20:36:10 CEST schrieb Hauke Mehrtens:
On a DSA switch the ports have an upper device, the CPU device, e.g.
eth0. This device has to be in up state to bring up the lower devices
like lan1.

Parse the link device from "ip link show" and bring it into up stated
before bringing up the actual interface.

This is needed to make network in failsafe on systems with DSA work.

Hauke,

I tested you patches on the Mikrotik RB750Gr3 and WDR3600 (as I did in
FS#3866), this time with customized IP-adresses and patches applied to
OpenWrt-21.02.
For the WDR3600 the issue was fixed, but for the RB750 there is no network.
I was not able to usr IPv6 link-local, OpenWrt default 192.168.1.1 or my
custom IP-Address.

The Rb750 is DSA, so it seems there is still something wrong. I'll retest with
current master soon, to rule out issues based on 21.02-rc3.

Sven

Hi,

I tried it on a lantiq device with the DSA patches applied and it works fine.

Could you please share the content of this file: /tmp/board.json
and the output of "ip addr" while in failsafe on a broken device please.

You need all 3 patches and I am not aware of a difference between master and 21.02 in this area, but I only tried it on top of master.

Hauke