On 6/20/21 10:32 AM, DENG Qingfang wrote:
On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 08:36:10PM +0200, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
On a DSA switch the ports have an upper device, the CPU device, e.g.
eth0. This device has to be in up state to bring up the lower devices
like lan1.

Parse the link device from "ip link show" and bring it into up stated
before bringing up the actual interface.

This is needed to make network in failsafe on systems with DSA work.

Hi Hauke,

You may instead backport the upstream commit 9d5ef190e561
("net: dsa: automatically bring up DSA master when opening user port").

Thanks for the hint, I was not aware of this patch.

I tried this kernel patch and it works good without my script patch, I anyway do not like the parsing of the "ip link show" output.

I would prefer to just backport this kernel patch instead, it applies without problems.

Hauke