On 16/03/15 15:51, Jørgen Kvalsvik wrote:
On 03/16/2015 02:49 PM, Bård Skaflestad wrote:
On 26/01/15 13:00, Jørgen Kvalsvik wrote:
In the periodic case, will some indices be encountered twice?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  All indices may, and typically
will, be encountered multiple times in the assembly stage.
Ok, this is also a nice-to-know assumption, because it dictates how you
can assemble.

It just occurred to me that you might have had something slightly different in mind. By construction, the 'l2g' values will be unique within a particular cell's "view" of the mapping so you don't have to allow for repeated indices in a single cell. However, other cells will typically affect some of the same global degrees of freedom so unless we completely modify the process we need to support update-construction of the form

    S_[i][j] += S_value
    rhs_[i]  += b_value

Sincerely,
--