On 03/16/2015 04:06 PM, Bård Skaflestad wrote:
> On 16/03/15 15:51, Jørgen Kvalsvik wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure I understand the question.  All indices may, and typically
>>> will, be encountered multiple times in the assembly stage.
>> Ok, this is also a nice-to-know assumption, because it dictates how you
>> can assemble.
>
> It just occurred to me that you might have had something slightly
> different in mind.  By construction, the 'l2g' values will be unique
> within a particular cell's "view" of the mapping so you don't have to
> allow for repeated indices in a single cell.  However, other cells will
> typically affect some of the same global degrees of freedom so unless we
> completely modify the process we need to support update-construction of
> the form
>
>     S_[i][j] += S_value
>     rhs_[i]  += b_value

Yeah, and this is what I account for by supporting the accumulator
scheme. It's still a nice thing to have written down as a comment, as I
did spend some time trying to figure out if it was intentional or not.
Because in the periodic case, it uses plain assignment S_[i][j] = x,
whereas in all the other cases it uses +=. I ported it to use += in all
cases, and it still gives the same result.