From: opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org
[mailto:opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org] On Behalf Of Ash
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 11:47 AM
To: Leif Madsen
Cc: opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tech-discuss] OPNFV on Github

It sounds like we're all in violent agreement on this. And I'm okay for the
meeting being delayed to the 13th.

So, to summarize:

1) The github repo should be a read-only mirror of Gerrit.
2) Gerrit should be the workflow for and point for all check-ins
3) Still, to protect ourselves on github, all admins/owners will utilize
2-factor authentication for security purposes.
4) We will postpone the community discussion until Bin's 10/13 call.
5) Since the github repo will be a mirror of what's on Gerrit, it will continue
to reinforce/reflect OPNFV governance, license practices, and any other
legalities that might have an impact upon our community.

Sound good?

Best,

Ash

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 8:15 AM, Leif Madsen
<lmad...@redhat.com<mailto:lmad...@redhat.com>> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 08:17:20AM +0800, Zhipeng Huang wrote:
> As far as I understand for OpenStack they just mirror it to github, any
> code review and patch acceptance is still done in OpenStack gerrit.
>
> OPNFV should have the mirror so that a broader ecosystem of software
> developers could be built for NFV even if they could only browse the code
> on github

Exactly. As soon as you get into trying to merge PRs from GitHub you're
going to cause all sorts of issues.

Gerrit should be the defacto source for changes, and GitHub simply as a
nice location to clone / view from. There should be no need to make
inbound changes from GitHub a thing.

--
Leif Madsen | Partner Engineer - NFV & CI
NFV Partner Engineering