On 01/18/2017 12:53 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
Hi Hongbo, Jose,

As I was saying on the Dovetail calls, I have some concerns about moving
tests into the Dovetail test suite too early.

In the Dovetail test requirements, we have:

"* Test cases must pass on OPNFV reference deployments
   * Tests must not require a specific NFVi platform composition or
installation tool
   * Tests must not require unmerged patches to the relevant upstream
projects"

And in the CVP requirements, we have the following section:

"The overall CVP compliance verification scope tied to an OPNFV release
is determined by the Committee. The OPNFV TSC defines and maintains the
compliance verification procedures and associated tools. The scope is
constrained to features, capabilities, components, and interfaces
included in an OPNFV release that are generally available in the
industry (e.g., through adoption by an upstream community)."

I wonder if this functionality is sufficiently widely adopted in
commercial NFVi and VIM solutions to pass this bar.

Thanks,
Dave.

I have no opinion about L3VPN as such, but I read this to mean that the code should be part of a released upstream projects and that OPNFV installers should all support it.

What would be the best way to discuss these? Currently, the test cases are on a wiki page which makes it a little difficult to comment them. Would it make sense to copy the whole test areas and test cases wiki page to an Etherpad? Or should the whole page be put to gerrit for commenting?

-Tapio