Good topic, I also felt that the criteria were not too clear.

My interpretation was that if we are testing a feature that should be in all OPNFV platforms and which is generally available in the industry, and which does not require a specific installation tool, then many OPNFV installers would support it. Perhaps even all of them.

-Tapio

On 01/18/2017 11:38 AM, Jose Lausuch wrote:
Me neither. If that were the case, that feature Was tested only in Fuel during
Colorado.

Let's follow up on Friday.

- Jose -

-----Original Message-----
From: opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org
[mailto:opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org] On Behalf Of Christopher
Price
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:32 AM
To: Tapio Tallgren; opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tech-discuss] [dovetail]if the l3vpn feature is completed
fully in C release

Hmm,

I was not aware that “all installers must support” a feature for there to be a
dovetail suite to validate it.
Maybe we should review the “qualification criteria” again on Friday’s call.

Completely agree that we need to do this in Gerrit.

/ chris

On 2017-01-18, 08:59, "Tapio Tallgren" <opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org
on behalf of tapio.tallg...@nokia.com> wrote:

     On 01/18/2017 12:53 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
     > Hi Hongbo, Jose,
     >
     > As I was saying on the Dovetail calls, I have some concerns about moving
     > tests into the Dovetail test suite too early.
     >
     > In the Dovetail test requirements, we have:
     >
     > "* Test cases must pass on OPNFV reference deployments
     >    * Tests must not require a specific NFVi platform composition or
     > installation tool
     >    * Tests must not require unmerged patches to the relevant upstream
     > projects"
     >
     > And in the CVP requirements, we have the following section:
     >
     > "The overall CVP compliance verification scope tied to an OPNFV release
     > is determined by the Committee. The OPNFV TSC defines and maintains the
     > compliance verification procedures and associated tools. The scope is
     > constrained to features, capabilities, components, and interfaces
     > included in an OPNFV release that are generally available in the
     > industry (e.g., through adoption by an upstream community)."
     >

     > I wonder if this functionality is sufficiently widely adopted in
     > commercial NFVi and VIM solutions to pass this bar.
     >
     > Thanks,
     > Dave.
I have no opinion about L3VPN as such, but I read this to mean that the
     code should be part of a released upstream projects and that OPNFV
     installers should all support it.
What would be the best way to discuss these? Currently, the test cases
     are on a wiki page which makes it a little difficult to comment them.
     Would it make sense to copy the whole test areas and test cases wiki
     page to an Etherpad? Or should the whole page be put to gerrit for
     commenting?