Hi,

> Unless it is absolutely determined that the current work can't doesn't
> meet criteria for an IETF standard, I would be opposed to such an
> exercise.  For one thing, we all have other things to do.

Contrary to that, many people on this list are arguing for their life on
the do's or don't's in this area; it seems like they actually have
*nothing* better to do than to fight for (or against) TACACS+. Which is
a great start for a future working group, BTW; people with dedication
and attitude are the fuel for IETF work.

>   For another, and as or more important, we would be denying the
> reality of the situation.  I would rather understand now what sort of
> changes are being proposed in order for the current work to come up to
> snuff.

Sorry, I don't understand. The reality is that there's a TACACS+
protocol out there, and that there is a desirable TACACS+-to-be in some
people's heads.

I'm suggesting to split the documents exactly like reality does: one
document for the TACACS+ protocol as it exists, one (or more, depending
on the amount of things to be changed) for the future state of it.

How is that denying reality? It's much more working with reality as I
see it. Maybe my reality is different to yours.

Stefan