On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 6:56 PM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19/02/2016 10:25, William Herrin wrote:
>> Is Cisco prepared to cede further change control of the core TACACS+
>> standard to the IETF process?
>
> The IETF deals with individual contributors, not companies. As Scott noted,
> the authors have already given change control to the IETF by submitting a
> draft with the appropriate boilerplate.
>
> Of course, what any company chooses to actually implement is their own
> business.

With due respect Brian, you're talking past the issue. If Cisco, the
company, intends to back away from maintaining the core TACACS+
standard in favor of the IETF's process then I see no problem with
bringing the protocol into the IETF process. If not, then only sorrow
will come from the IETF creating a _competing standard with the same
name_.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--