Let me ask a different version of Carlos (and maybe Randy's) point.

If the IETF as a community objected to the content of this draft, presumably there would ahve been significant dissent during the IETF last call.
It looked to me like the consensus in support of this was rough but clear.

More importantly, if you think the demonstrated consensus was not in support of the document, that is a specific process problem. If you are saying that in spite of the demonstrated rough consensus, you still say that this violates your understanding of the IETF agreement, I do not understand how, at this stage of the process, that is your call to make? As Carlos quotes, the existing documents make it clear that their must be judgment calls about these issues. And such a personal consensus interpretation seems even less grounded for an informational document aimed, as the abstract states at:

   discusses current security and network operations and management
   practices that may be impacted by the shift to increased use of
   encryption to help guide protocol development in support of
   manageable, secure networks.

If you feel the document does not match its abstract, that is a VERY different objection than claiming that the document violates your personal take (not demonstrated during IETF last call) on the IETF rough consensus.

Yours,
Joel