Hi,

Is it too late to ask for some privacy considerations to be added to this
document?

My initial thought was that the authors would point me to 8805, but a quick
look there doesn’t show any mention of privacy.

My concern here is that the end-user’s geographic locale is being exposed to
the service provider without the agreement of the end-user, and without the
end-user even knowing that it is happening.

I know that this information has great value for a number of aspects of service
provision (not least geographic licensing), and I am not opposed to its
availability. I do object, however, to the concept that a user’s locale is
generally available. A user should have the option of not revealing their
locale (in the knowledge that this may exclude them from accessing some
services).

Now, I doubt that this document is the right place to fix these privacy
concerns. But it might be a good place to add a short paragraph on the privacy
issues raised by using geo feeds.

Best,

Adrian