Hi there all,

Last year we published "RFC8907 - The Terminal Access Controller
Access-Control System Plus (TACACS+) Protocol"

This was a huge amount of work, and we are hugely grateful to the authors
(and WG) for all of their hard work.... however, in the spirit of "no good
deed goes unpunished"...

When we wrote this, it was with the understanding that we'd first puslish
how TACACS+ currently works, and then a second document which, AFAIR, would
basically say "... and now just run this over TLS, K,  thanks, done".

I'm hoping that someone, probably the original RFC8907 authors, would be
willing to take this on?
I believe that this second document should be much much much easier....

So, RFC8907 authors, would you be willing to take this on? Please?

Perhaps they really do strive for incomprehensibility in their specs.
After all, when the liturgy was in Latin, the laity knew their place.
-- Michael Padlipsky