On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 10:49 AM Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com> wrote:

> > the web pki is not associated with ip address space control/ownership.
> > web pki is based on control of domain name space.  the two are quite
> > unrelated.
>
> note that the rpsl, the inetnum: objects, are not well secured and
> authenticated.  this is a bit embarrassing.  and, in some regions,
> the lack of authentication is notorious.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. Do you say this because RPKI is not
employed universally, or because the inetnum: objects are somehow not
covered by RPKI?

> hence the hack to use the well-authenticated rpki to sign those data
> covered by it for those concerned with real authenticity.

How does a client know that an IP range specified in the geodata feed is
valid under a given RPKI signature? I.e., that the given AS has authority
over that IP range?

Kyle