From: Shwetha Bhandari <shwetha.bhand...@thoughtspot.com>
Date: Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 09:42
To: "opsawg@ietf.org" <opsawg@ietf.org>, Marisol Palmero <mpalm...@cisco.com>
Cc: "skuma...@ncsu.edu" <skuma...@ncsu.edu>
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] New Version Notification for
draft-palmero-opsawg-dmlmo-00.txt

Hi Marisol,

I have read the draft draft-palmero-opsawg-dmlmo-00 and have the following
questions/suggestions on the scope and use cases:

1. Does the scope include lifecycle management and operations for an
application that can be managed by the application vendor i.e. Software as a
Service(SaaS) application? In other words can the asset referred to in the
document be a cloud hosted software asset? If yes, that's great! I think there
is no standard to collect metrics that will help in asset management and
billing in the SaaS space and this work would be interesting to SaaS
applications.

2. Related to this an interesting use case that would be added to the document
is to support Billing based on the usage and consumption of the SaaS
application. To support this use-case for software/SaaS application assets can
the metric collection be made extensible to cover application specific metrics?
for e.g. A data analytics application may be interested in metrics related to
amount of data analyzed, number of requests triggered for analysis, concurrent
user sessions that trigger the request etc. These metrics could be used for
billing the consumers of the SaaS application.

3. Would you be interested in contributions if the above use cases and asset
type can be supported to extend the information model?

Thanks,
Shwetha