From: Camilo Cardona <juancamilo.card...@imdea.org>
Date: Thursday, 7 October 2021 at 02:08
To: "opsawg@ietf.org" <opsawg@ietf.org>
Cc: Marisol Palmero <mpalm...@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] New Version Notification for
draft-palmero-opsawg-dmlmo-00.txt

Hello opsawg,

I gave a read to draft-palmero-opsawg-dmlmo-01, and discussed it with Marisol
on a call, but I thought I could share my main remarks here:

1. One of the basic use cases of the draft is to find information about
features and licenses (e.g. which feature(s) are enabled by a license, which
license(s) I need for a feature, etc). However, I cannot find a way of
“linking” licenses to features in the model. The model does link licenses to
assets, but I think there is a need for a direct relation between license and
features.

2. In the text, there is a bit of ambiguity of what the yang model covers, and
what should be provided by vendors. In the use cases from 4.3 to 4.6, you need
the most recent data from vendors to run the analysis that each point
describes. Are we going to structure that data too? It seems this is out of the
scope of the draft, and that is fine... but I did wonder that when I was
reading since I was expecting that data to appear later in the models.

3. As always in drafts with yang models, we are missing some concrete examples.

Besides that, the purpose of the draft is clear to me, and I wish it were this
easy to retrieve this data in a standard way.

Thanks,
Camilo C

On 6 Oct 2021, at 19:00, Juan Camilo Cardona Restrepo